Friday, June 7, 2013

An introduction...

Hello, world!

My name is Marty Balmer. I'm a soon-to-be senior in high school in small-town Iowa. I've recently discovered this website called Backloggery (here's a link) where you log all the games you've played. I signed up just so I could get a cool looking forum signature at this forum (check it out!) Eventually, though, I ended up getting obsessed with logging all the games I had played, beaten or otherwise. I'm nowhere close to finishing, and I am already at 166 games. That's a lot of games, more than I thought I had. But in truth, the main purpose of Backloggery is to find games that you haven't finished and complete them. That way no game goes unfinished. (Also, you stop a demon or something.) Once I finished logging all the games I could find here in my house, I discovered 18 games that I had not finished. As of last night, that number has gone down to 16. As I finished my most recent game, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, I thought to myself, "What if I made a journal of all of these games that I have left to finish?" Thus, this blog was born at about midnight last night.

So, what do I intend to do with said blog? Well, for starters, I'm going to document the completion of my Backloggery. Once that's finished, I'll move on to other projects, such as reviewing games, consoles, and other types of video gaming equipment. I may even find the time to do a Let's Play or two in there somewhere. Hey, it's summer, so anything is possible.

Anyway, I'd like to share just a little bit about myself before I start anything. As I said before, I will be a senior in high school starting next school year. I live in Northwest Iowa. My interests include gaming, music, soccer (football for any of you UK types), and sleeping. I keep very busy during the school year with my music, so I'll probably be making a second blog about all of my musical escapades. That's probably about all you need to know at this point. I'm just a kid that loves music and video games.

I'm excited to start this project, and I hope you all will follow me on my journey to beat my Backloggery!

As of 6/7/2013:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a ramble!